Saturday 10 December 2011

Why I love Jesus


I didn't bake, but i just really wanted to write something in here. it's been so long since i last felt so burdened. It's just days to home but the past two days have been quite a struggle. Today, serving at the soup kitchen made me very grateful for God's love. it made me realise just how fortunate i am that i know God personally.


My life has changed 180 degrees since i gave my life to God. God has done some great things in the past for me even before i knew Him but since i took that step towards Him, He has shown me more grace and more love than I could possibly imagine. It's like watching channel 8 and thinking it's real good and you're satisfied with it. you dont really understand what the hype about cable TV is and you don't see the need for it because you like channel 8 enough. but actually, that's because you've never given a chance to cable TV.  Of course, God can do much much more than what cable tv can. but it is just an analogy. God's love is unconditional. it is more than sufficient, it is so overwhelming and so real that I never ever want to be without Him. I don't ever want to be away from Him and all i long for is to live for Him. I've made some decisions in the past which i deeply regret. and sometimes it makes me feel so ashamed to be in the presence of God. but God always reminds me that the blood of Jesus has cleansed me. I'm saved and made whole again because of Jesus Christ my Saviour.

Oh, precious is the flow
that makes me white as snow
no other fount i know,
nothing but the blood of Jesus. 


1 John 1:7 says, "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin"

The past semester has been filled with personal experiences with God which has brought me so much closer to Him. I'm so thankful that each time i take a step towards Him, He takes many more towards me. He longs for us the way we long for Him. and it never fails to amaze me just how real He is. the God we serve is a living God.

just feel so thankful that my life has reached a point that i know in my heart that i desire for God to rule in every single part of my life and I long to desire for the things God desires for me. but it really hasn't been easy. every struggle is a challenge that God has placed in my life so that i may grow closer to Him. but each time i struggle, there is a chance that i must stumble and fall. and it really scares me. My life has changed so dramatically that looking back scares me.

I try mighty hard to put the past behind me.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!"

but it hasn't been easy. Many times i've been tempted to turn back to my old ways and go back to my old life. only because it seemed like it was the easier way out. but God brings me back to Him, always always. and today was the same. it felt too familiar. i couldn't let it consume me the way it used to. and it didn't because God saved me again, the moment i decided to fall on my knees and ask for His peace to rule in my heart and for Him to be with me. He picked me up just like he did when i was so broken, when everyone turned their backs, when it seemed like the night was never gonna end and the day was never gonna come, God came and gave me His love. I was so broken but He gave me comfort and shelter. If only everyone knew the depths of His love for us.

there is so much i miss about my old life. the people and the times i've had. It's hard having to face how these changes are affecting many areas of my life but I know God has a perfect and pleasing plan for me. so i trust in Him and i trust in His plan,. even if i can't see them now.


There really isn't a thesis statement in this blog entry. neither is there a picture of anything i baked. i started off the post talking about the struggles i've been going through in the past days but i havent actually said what they were. I've shared some very intimate details about my life in this entry and i'm aware that this is a public blog (which in any case, not many people know of anyway). but I wanted to share God's love with you. and i hope that if you haven't yet come to know how great our God is, that you eventually will.

I dont like saying "i'll pray for you". but i'll say, "i've prayed for you".


lastly, let me share this wonderful song!



Ever doubted yourself and felt so lost? God created each and everyone of us with a purpose. Nothing that happens in our life is a "coincidence".


In God's love,

No comments:

Post a Comment