Friday 3 June 2011

Strawberry Crumb Cake

It's a beautiful friday afternoon and I decided to devote this beautiful day just chilling in the comfort of my own home. I'm back in Singapore after 6 long months. the weather is unbearable and already i've met an ungracious aunty. how unpleasant. :( it makes me miss the people in notts. well, let me just feel contented being home.

so a Strawberry Crumb Cake to make the lousy day a better one.




I wish i knew how to make these things look yummier. anyway the trick is to drown the cake with the streusel. (: my family loved it! the cake was really moist, it fell apart quite easily. but all in all a tasty cake that i'll make again. it'll be super tasty with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! 

now that i'm back in Singapore, there's just tons to do. I'm getting unnecessarily worried over the issues that i have to deal with. i guess i'm really afraid to hurt those i love and the last thing i want to do is to ruin those relationships. sometimes it makes me scared to do what i need to do. sometimes it makes me want to back out and give in. but I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13). perhaps one of the most popular verses in the bible. but always so assuring. Knowing that God has gone before me and whatever happens is in His plan for me keeps me going. remembering how God has brought me through different seasons and how He gave me comfort when everyone else chose to leave me, helps me fix my eyes on Him. What could be more important than yearning to grow more and more Christ-like?


i know i said i'll blog about the year. but i'll save that for another day, when i'm feeling less exhausted and when i've fully recovered from the jet lag.




you can see some strawberries here

shall try another recipe from the hummingbird bakery cake book soon. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment