Tuesday 24 May 2011

Apple Streusel Cake

I've fallen in love with the lake in school. I know, a bit late. but at least, i've still got a year to immerse myself in its beauty. Just looking at the stillness of the water, the Trent clock tower, and the cute little ducks dipping their heads into the lake, gave me a sense of peace. It felt so good to be still before God and to give thanks for the many blessings in my life.

Morning jogs with God have given me much comfort and joy in the midst of the exam period. (:


So i finally got down to trying a recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days recipe book. Baking always gives me a sense of joy and satisfaction. It's quite the same feeling i get after a run. And they're both quite addictive. hoho.

So here's the Apple Streusel Cake, which was described by most in 18 Lower Road as "moist" and "crumbs on top are damn nice" It's definitely a cake that i'll be making quite often, especially when i'm back home. It's not as rich as a chocolate cake and would make a perfect breakfast/tea break. ah, the cinnamon scent has the same effect as the vanilla scent. comfort and bliss. except, i probably wouldn't want to walk around smelling like cinnamon. One of the best scents a kitchen can have is the smell of cinnamon and brown sugar baking in the oven. YUMS!



I know i need to learn how to take better photos! This was quite the perfect recipe. moist, flavourful, with just the right amount of streusel. wouldn't change a thing! but i guess, if i do want to put it up for sale in My Sweet Serendipity, i would have to make some alterations. I'm thinking, perhaps increasing the proportions for the batter so it'll be thicker. Also, a digestive biscuit crumbs at the bottom would add some texture, wouldn't it? alternatively, i could add a maple syrup glaze over the top, (as suggested by the ming chu). would definitely try out these alterations when i'm back in singapore! 

I haven't actually thought of a name for this potential family favourite. 


well, i'll leave that for after the exams. 


No comments:

Post a Comment