Friday 13 May 2011

Caramel latte

Every morning I crave for vanilla latte. It's great and it really cheers me up especially on a gloomy day. but the first sip always seems so underwhelming. I guess, it's really the expectations that ruins it all. wow, expectations.


So I expected my cup of vanilla latte to fill that void in my heart when I really should have counted on God instead. Last night I felt God reassuring me of the hope that I can have in Him. isn't it just so wonderful, that I can have hopes for a better day, and hopes for a brighter future even when it doesn't seem like it right now. and it's all because God has promised good things to come.

today I attempted to make my own cup of caramel latte.




 It's always a joy to cook for others or to do something special for others. I guess it's just my way of showing love. that's why I rarely take the effort to do something special for myself. Although it paled in comparison to the starbucks/cafe nero/costa option, i enjoyed it! possibly because I didn't really expect it to turn out well. 


Expectations are so unhealthy. possibly more unhealthy than donuts. It places so much pressure on both sides and it allows negative thoughts (which aren't from God) to take control. It's so easy to give in to those thoughts but it's a process that God is bringing me through.

I take comfort in knowing that no matter who walks out of my life at whatever stage, I'll be secure in God.




No comments:

Post a Comment